I may (a while ago - in the past) have mislead Clark.

There is DEFINITELY a difference between coding
   Block Contains 1
versus
   omitting the Block CONTAINS clause

(for output files)

The former creates a RECFM=FB/BM file (with one record per block)
    while
the latter produces a RECFM=F/V file

Personally, neither are USUALLY the "desired" results, but they are
different.