Hi,

I have the task of removing CA-PDSMAN from two of our systems.

We currently use the following functions:

* PDSMAN Library Space Reuse facility
* Dynamic BLDL Facility
* Remote Data Compare

I believe I can convert my PDS¹s to PDS/e¹s to negate the need for the Space
Reuse facility.

The Dynamic BLDL function causes me a little concern. I have inherited a
situation where we have one massive load library that contains all batch &
online application programs. All batch jobs and online systems have either a
JOBLIB or STEPLIB DD Statement that references this one library. Many years
ago (well before my time) the techies turned off this PDSMAN feature and had
very severe system performance issues for online and batch applications,
resulting in this feature being re-enabled. I was think of splitting the
library, perhaps by application to reduce the search time for none
application code.

The remote Data Compare is used in batch to compare PDS¹s on the QA &
Production systems. A checksum is generated for each PDS and then compared.
If a difference is found a WTO is posted (picked up by automation) that
triggers a check of the libraries.

Does anyone have any experience of replacing these functions and have any
ideas of how to replace and any advice on the process?

Regards

Mark