On Fri, 22 May 2009 10:26:48 -0500, Paul Gilmartin
 wrote:

>Rube Goldberg:
>
>You might be able to use SYSCALL SPAWN (BPX1SPN?) to invoke a
>bridging EXEC you'd create in a UNIX directory which would use
>the new-fangled (z/OS 1.4) "address TSO" to invoke TXT2PDF
>with full TSO facilities.
>
>You'd likely need to re-do severall ALLOCates for SYSEXEC, etc.
>
>(I successfully use (part of) this technique to invoke authorized
>facilities from an unauthorized environment.)

The attached calls txt2pdf successfully.

-- gil

/* REXX */ signal on novalue;
trace Err
RC = 'SYSCALLS'('ON')
address 'SYSCALL'

'open /dev/null (O_RDONLY)'

trace C
address 'TSO'
STEPLIB = userid()'.TXT2PDF.NEW.LOAD:'
RC = environment( 'STEPLIB', STEPLIB )
'profile noprefix wtpmsg prompt'
'allocate dd(SYSEXEC) shr dsn('''userid()'.TXT2PDF.NEW.EXEC'')'

'%txt2pdf' arg(1)
XRC = RC

'logoff'
exit(XRC)