And now you know the origin of sequence numbers in columns 73-80.
Card reader/sorter/punch/printer machines predate these fancy new
computers :)
   I never saw them (I started at a remote reader/printer  attached to a
370), but I'm told we did have the machines that you rewired a circuit
board to change the program.