On Fri, 29 May 2009, Howard Rifkind wrote:

> Kurt,
>
> I also find this a pain in the a__.  Is it still IBM's purpose to 'Make
> this more difficult so we will understand it' You took something that
> worked real well and messed it up.
>
> How about two procedures, one for the z/OS-z/VM and one for
> HFS/OMVS/UNIX fixes???

For me, it is a mild pain. But, if I get the ax (and who knows who is next
around here or why), it will be a major pain for the people left. They
don't know UNIX.  They don't like UNIX. They seem to regard UNIX on z/OS
as an abomination. In fact, my boss has been known to ream out vendors who
state that they cannot create a tape which is readable on a 3490E drive.
He will "make do" with a CD or DVD so that he can ftp from his desktop,
but it really gets him upset. He hates Internet delivery because our
Internet connection is a bit slow (remote workers get priority). And he
has a 14 Mb/s FiOS connection at his house. Anyway, we have two drives on
a C22 just for software installation.  They are not used for anything
else. I hate them. Mainly because we have no operators. So, if I have more
than two tapes, I get to sit in a cold machine room waiting for mounts and
hoping that my job didn't abend. I can't monitor my job because there are
no PCs in the machine room for me to have a 3270 session on. And no
"dangling" ethernet cables to plug a laptop into.

--
Trying to write with a pencil that is dull is pointless.

Maranatha!
John McKown