Hi All,

   I'm wondering if anyone has run into this.

   We back up VSAM files (to DISK) using CA-FAVER 4.3 SP1.  The output
disk files get assigned a data class that is extended format
(non-compressed).  The block size being set for the output file is
27998, which appears to be bad for Extended format since there are
32bytes/block overhead for SMS.  The current JCL has no DCB information
for the output.  I've tries DCB=BLKSIZE=0, but still get 27998.  I can
change the JCL to DCB=BLKSIZE=27966, but I'm wondering if there's any
other way.

   I've been to the CA website, but it appears that FAVER is stabilized.
Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!

Bob Lester
Systems & Storage
Oppenheimerfunds
303.768.3504
bles...@oppenheimerfunds.com

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person
other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.
OppenheimerFunds may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or
disclose the content of all email communications.