From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Frank Swarbrick
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 2:28 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: strange codepage issue in ISPF

I am using codepage 1047, but for some reason the left and right
brackets are showing as blanks in ISPF.  Intrestingly hey show up just
fine in OMVS.

Here is a REXX EXEC that I use to show me my current code page:

address ispexec vget (ztermcid) shared
say "current encoding is" ztermcid
exit

The response is "current encoding is 01047".

If I do a HEX display of the brackets it shows they are x'AD' (left
bracket) and x'BD' (right bracket), which is correct for CP1047.

The strangest thing at all is that it works for everyone else.  I must
have once upon a time changed something in my ISPF profile to cause this
issue, but I have no idea what it was!

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Frank