zosw...@gmail.com (P S) writes:
> Actually HONE was Hands-On Network Environment, not Experience. At
> least, that's what I was always told, and Google seems to support it,
> albeit only 41 to 13.

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2009i.html#26 Why are z/OS people reluctant to use
z/OS UNIX?

yes, sorry ... i somewhat elided for the part about it originally being
for branch office hands-on experience (later turning into onlne
world-wide sales & marketing support ... majority of applications
implemented in APL)

some amount of old email regarding HONE
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/lhwemail.html#hone

HONE was one of my hobbies ... originally started out being cp67
clone of the cambridge science center cp67 system ... misc.
past posts mentioning cp67
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subtopic.html#545tech

and eventually science center got a 370 and I moved a lot of stuff from
cp67 to vm370 and started doing internal highly-modified vm370
distributions for internal datacenters ... including HONE ... some old
email references
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006v.html#email731212
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006w.html#email750102
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006w.html#email750430

and continued after transferring to the west cost
... with csc/vm becomming sjr/vm (or sometimes sjj/vm)
... some old email references
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006u.html#email800501
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2007c.html#email830705
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2007c.html#email830709

about the time I transferred to west coast, HONE consolidated the US
HONE datacenters in the bay area, so also spent quite a bit more
time on-site there.

--
40+yrs virtualization experience (since Jan68), online at home since Mar1970