On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:05:11 -0700, Edward Jaffe wrote:

>Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>> Even more annoying, once it displays one, "=X" on the command line
>> doesn't take me back to TSO READY prompt; it just goes on to
>> recall the next data set.
>>
>> I split the screen and cancelled myself from SDSF.
>
>All you need do is press the ATTN key! :-D

(Perhaps after pressing RESET).  The behavior is somewhat
unpredictable.  It may put me in the "CANCEL WAIT" dialog,
then if I answer Y and press ENTER and win the timing
race, and press PA2 to ungarble the screen, it may tell
me that the operation failed, and I can escape to i...@prim
or whatever.  If I lose the timing race, it tries to
recall the next data set.

Not a very well designed user interface, IMO.

But thanks for the reminder,
gil