On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:10:06 -0500 "Chase, John" <jch...@ussco.com> wrote:

:>> -----Original Message-----
:>> From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of Binyamin Dissen

:>> On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:58:50 -0500 Mark Zelden
:><mark.zel...@zurichna.com>
:>> wrote:

:>> :>On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:05:48 -0400, Mike Myers
:><m...@mentor-services.com> wrote:
:>> :>
:>> :>>If you were to take Dave's approach, I wrote a REXX EXEC that will
:>> :>>execute the same edit macro against all members of a PDS or PDSE,
:>given
:>> :>>the name of the PDS and the name of the macro as input.

:>> :>See EDMACALL on my web site (URL below) or CBT file 434.

:>> Been a while for me, but wouldn't the QUERY security generate some
:>literal
:>> data that could be searched for in the load library? Should be easier
:>than
:>> scanning source.

:>The need is not just to see whether the program issues a specific
:>command, but also to see specifically what values or references were
:>specified on the command.

:>While it's true that the CICS preprocessor generates a unique literal
:>for each EXEC CICS command, that literal is a bit string (arg 0 in the
:>DFHEI1 call) which would then require translation back to the original
:>source, e.g.:

:>x'0c02b000270000cc00f0f0f0f4f5404040'

:>>From the first two bytes ("function") I can tell you that the command is
:>EXEC CICS GETMAIN, but beyond that I'd need to refer to the CICS Data
:>Areas manual to decode the rest of it, and there's no way I could "fill
:>in all the blanks".  In the first place, how would I find the specific
:>code that refers to that particular bit string?  Here's the machine code
:>generated for this particular bit string (offsets omitted
:>intentionally):

You can scan the loadlib to limit the number of source members that need to be
scanned. Much easier to scan for a string than an

    EXEC CICS QUERY SECURITY block

that may wrap multiple lines.

http://www.dissensoftware.com