Ed wrote on 18/06/2009 03:45:32 AM:

> I would not write to tape. I would write several 3390s in parallel to
> take advantage of SAD "striping" support. Very little hassle and keeps
> down-time to a minimum.

Last time I tried it, it took "a few" - I killed it after about 5 or 6 I
think. And that was *after* it had filled all my disk allocation.
SAP can be such a ...

This was a test (developers) environment, so I could afford a reasonable
amount of time, and wanted to get the total dump. Never did anyway as it
turns out -
tape == looooong dump time.

As for SL tapes - don't go there; especially if the tapes are known to a
library and/or tape management software. I used to isolate some carts,
re-init them as NL, and stick them in a box in the corner. Just hope they
never get used.

Shane ...