John,

That is an idea.  In my case we run a lot of sorts.  IBM said that
performance of SORT is degraded by disabling memory objects.  I'd hate
to impact all SORT instead of the few.

I also found that the failing jobs all had REGION=0M coded.  I recreated
the problem in my tech systems, and changed to a nonzero region, and the
problem went away as well.

Still working with IBM.  I'm hoping that someone from IBM DFSORT(Frank?)
sees this and can let me know if SETPROG is an option or not.  IBM
level1 is saying no, but that may be the stock answer because of the
holddata.  I've asked them to verify with development.

John, I know you were the one that ran into this problem before, and
posted to the list last week.  I debated putting the fix on based on
your report, but it was one day before our next round of upgrade IPL's,
with no time to test.  Plus we had not seen this problem in our 1.10
certification testing, or the 90 days it has been running on our DEV
systems.

Hindsight is always perfect.....

Dave
Dave Jousma
Assistant Vice President, Mainframe Services
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB1G
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.8497