On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 00:13:45 -0400, Jim Mulder <d10j...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
s from Jim Mulder.

>> I need to go back and check, but I think for normal use of HYPERPAV,
>> WLMPAV=YES is irrelevant.  There was an issue related to page data
>> sets only and that was why I think Jim suggested to leave it on
>> in WLM and HCD at the time.  That may have been fixed for z/OS 1.10.
>
>  The HYPERPAV page data set issue has not yet been fixed in
>any release of z/OS.

Thanks.  I'll have to see what we used in our sysplexes that were
using WLM PAVs prior to HYPERPAV.  I'm fairly sure that WLMPAV=YES
was left on because we weren't sure if we were going to get someone
to pay for HYPERPAV when we started our latest DASD migration.

In some of our other sysplexes, we shared DASD between sysplexes
so WLM PAVs were never turned on anyway and we used static PAVs.

I don't think it would be a concern if we lost the 2nd set of I/O control
blocks in the (previously) WLM PAV sysplexes since we don't page
much and local page data sets  are entire 3390-27 volumes these
days (1 local per volume).   The other sysplexes sharing DASD had
static PAVs and ASM would have never used them regardless, so we
didn't lose anything by not specifying WLMPAV=YES when we
migrated to HYPERPAV in those environments.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com