-----------------------------------<snip>-------------------------------

This might seem like an odd request-

But, as part of the platform analysis we're undertaking, I'd like to gauge
how our staff size compares with other companies' resource allocation to
their mainframe.

What I'd like to know is how many employees/contractors do various
companies have supporting and working within their mainframe environment,
broken down in a few broad categories.

1) application developers
2) system programmers
3) operators
4) any other staff specifically dedicated to the MF (B/A's, managers, etc)
5) contractors/consultants dedicated to your MF
6) total company employees

Also, what operating system are you on? (VSE,  z\OS, etc)

For the record, our answers are
1) 4
2) 1
3) 0
4) 2
5) 1
6) 4100

and we're VSE, with about 40% of our total data processing taking place on
our mainframe, and the remainder on other platforms.

--------------------------------<unsnip>------------------------------------
For my last "real job":

1. 225
2. 4
3. 21
4. 6
5. 80
6. 300

The company was essentially a "Service Bureau" for the Chicago Board of Trade, but is no longer associated with CBOT, and was running z/OS 1.4 when I got "riffed".

I cannot, and will not, discuss the firms that I've done contract work for since then.

--
Rick