On Tuesday 23 June 2009, Vikesh Bhoola wrote:

> > See comments on the Info-ZIP forum where I offer some SWAG
> > theorizing about how I must have broken the name display  --  and
> > somebody (EG, I
> >
> > think) explains the use of the 3 name fields.
>
> Thanks, I seen the comments made on the forum and changed z->oname to
> z->name which appears to resolve the display problem.

    Ah, but that I was just playing around with the code to see what
would happen. Based on EG's comments, I've modified the function
local_to_display_string in fileio.c to play nicer with EBCDIC - at
least it seems nicer to me. That's the function that formats the
z->oname string, so you should be able to back out that little hack.

    I've got a bunch of mods to the Unix version that I think are fairly
clean, and I'm hoping to create a good set of diffs later today. I'll
post then here and on the InfoZIP forum.

    I'd like to get some feedback from the developers who are familiar
with the code, because there are still areas I'm not too sure about
when it comes to large file support - like the encryption code, which
never even uses the 64-bit functions (???).

    But, for the basic zip functions - adding, updating, deleting -
under z/OS USS, it should be OK.

    Once that's done, I'll start looking at the cmsmvs side again. (My
feeble brain was getting too confused trying to keep both sorted out at
the same time.)

Cheers,
Bob

--------