On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:59:22 -0500, Arthur Gutowski <aguto...@ford.com> wrote:

>Just a thought - write an SMP/E USERMOD to REPLACE the IBM-supplied
>ICHRIN03 in SYS1.LPALIB.  Pro:  it eliminates the duplication and LPA load
>sequencing issue.  Cons:  You have to write and maintain MCS, and re-install
>for every OS upgrade (but PRO:  *if* IBM ever changes the format, you find
>out before the first IPL); and if you're a multi-system environment, a
>USERMOD is tough to maintain if the table is not common across all systems.

Exactly what we do where we can.  Including SMF exits (how many "wrong
IEFACTRT" threads have their been on IBM-MAIN).    We have a mixture
of both, but our "usermods library" is well documented as to which ones
are true SMP/E usermods and which ones live in a "SYSLIB LPALIB"
concatenated ahead of SYS1.LPALIB.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden