-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Bill Klein
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:31 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Fw: Language Environment runtime options and system dumps

I would check with any vendor as to whether this is still true (that
they
can't handle LE dumps).  Current software should work with LE and should
not
need "non-normal" dumps.  If your vendor requires something else, then
ask
THEM what LE options they expect to be in effect when the dump in THEIR
product occurs.

If they can't tell you, then I would refer them to one of the IBM
'vendor"
support teams.

<SNIP>

And I would refer you to another thread, "And you ask why I hate OMVS".

Maybe it is just me, but LE and BPX incantations seem to somehow be
related. I see this as further breakage of the MVS subroutine call
protocols.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- Opinions expressed by this poster may not reflect those of poster's
employer. --