Change the lrecl of the dataset containing the batch jcl. (although it
seems that 80 bytes should be sufficient from the example shown).

<snip>
I would like to submit a batch job to issue a catalog command.  However,
find that the total command exceeds the size that one can issue on SDSF
command line.  Is there a way to issue a slash in SDSF batch to get to
the
System Command Extention?

In the example below, the closing backet ) is truncated.

//REMVLF   EXEC PGM=SDSF,COND=(0,NE)
//ISFOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//ISFIN    DD *
/RO *ALL,F CATALOG,NOVLF(CATL.USER0.ALPLEX)

ISF015I SDSF COMMAND EXECUTED  'RO *ALL,F CATALOG,NOVLF
(CATL.USER0.ALPLEX ' ABRW005  BATCH    BATCH

RO *ALL,F CATALOG,NOVLF(CATL.USER0.ALPLEX
RO T=030,AL01,F CATALOG,NOVLF(CATL.USER0.ALPLEX
RO T=030,AL02,F CATALOG,NOVLF(CATL.USER0.ALPLEX
-ABRW005C REMVLF               00    133    297    .00    .00     .0
  450  BATCH        0     0     0     0
F CATALOG,NOVLF(CATL.USER0.ALPLEX
IEC351I CATALOG ADDRESS SPACE MODIFY COMMAND ACTIVE
IEC353I CATALOG ADDRESS SPACE MODIFY UNSUCCESSFUL
IEC353I INVALID COMMAND FORMAT
F CATALOG,NOVLF(CATL.USER0.ALPLEX
IEC351I CATALOG ADDRESS SPACE MODIFY COMMAND ACTIVE
IEC353I CATALOG ADDRESS SPACE MODIFY UNSUCCESSFUL
IEC353I INVALID COMMAND FORMAT
</snip>