On Saturday 27 June 2009, Bob Woodside wrote:
> On Friday 26 June 2009, Kirk Wolf wrote:
> > Not only possible, but already available!
> >
> > See the sample program "com.ibm.jzos.sample.ZipDatasets" in the
> > JZOS Sample programs download, which is available here:
> > http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/software/java/product
> >s/ jzos/jzossamp.html
>
> 2)  I'm not sure whether the java.util.zip package supports the new
> Zip64 extensions to handle file sizes > 4GB. (Check whether the
> ZipEntry's setSize method can take an argument > 0xFFFFFFFF - I'm not
> so sure it can, but I'd love to be proven wrong here!)

    According to the most recent doc I could find on java.util.zip,
setSize - even though it takes a 64-bit long (Java-style) as an
argument - throws an IllegalArgumentException "if the specified size is
less than 0 or greater than 0xFFFFFFFF bytes".

    So it looks like it can't handle the "large files".

Cheers,
Bob

 ----
 Bob Woodside