-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:42 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Article Mainframe Stolen

>From the Palistine Herold in Palestine TX.  This was repeated in the
Enterprise e-Mag.

Apparently when you steal the "MAINFRAME" the data is on it.

Lizette

<SNIPPAGE>

>From the college's website:

No information stolen during weekend theft

Monday, July 13, 2009 /

We here at Trinity Valley Community College are saddened and angered by
the events of this weekend's break-in at TVCC-Palestine.

Information reported by area media outlets regarding this incident is in
error. We want to assure our students that absolutely no student,
personnel or other confidential information was contained on the
computer stolen during the weekend theft. The terminal which was taken
was wired only to the security surveillance system and was used
specifically for surveillance video. TVCC takes all possible precautions
to maintain the security and confidentiality of personal data.

In the aftermath of this event, we are dedicated to recovering the
stolen property. The college is working diligently with the Anderson
County Sheriff's Office to apprehend those who are responsible for this
incident. We are asking anyone who may have information on the theft to
please contact the sheriff's department.

Students should watch our website at www.tvcc.edu for more information
as it develops.

------

Regards,