At July 17, 2009 07:36, concerning "Re: DEFINING USERCAT WITH
GUARANTEED SPACE", esmie moo <esmi...@yah...ca> wrote (to IBM-Main):

> [snip] If I disable the current volume (which SMS managed) then there
> could be a problem with allocation of dsns on that given volume.
> [snip]

VARY SMS,VOLUME(PLAN906),DISABLE,NEW
        - only disallows new allocations
        - how to stop a volume from being used
        - might also affect Guaranteed requests: testing required

VARY SMS,VOLUME(PLAN906),QUIESCE,NEW
        - makes volume less preferred (2nd tier) for new allocations
        - volume can still be chosen if no eligible 1st tier candidates

---------->  signature = 6 lines follows <--------------
Neil Duffee, Joe SysProg, U d'Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
telephone:1 613 562 5800 x4585                 fax:1 613 562 5161
mailto:NDuffee of uOttawa.ca     http:/ /aix1.uottawa.ca/ ~nduffee
"How *do* you plan for something like that?" Guardian Bob, Reboot
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."
"Systems Programming: Guilty, until proven innocent" John Norgauer
2004