Chase, John wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of Klein, Kenneth

In today's environment and IBM's ever changing methods of
delivering/offering maintenance and upgrades to z/OS - what are your
common best practices?
Before every APPLY?
Never?

Our general ROT is to ACCEPT PTFs that have been running in the
production environment for 3 months or longer before APPLYing the "next
round" of preventive maintenance. APARs and USERMODs are *NEVER*
ACCEPTed.

   -jc-
Pretty much the same attitude here. One variation: we don't apply APARs unless the need is severe and immediate; we'd rather wait for the PTF.

Rick