----------------------------------<snip>----------------------------

I didn't do an offload-reload because I've heard too many horror stories about corruption in spool files. A friend did an upgrade wth offload-reload and spent most of the following week trying to recover from the damage. It never was quite right and management just decided to deal with the loss.
Spool Offload and Reload are MUCH better than they were years ago, and cleaner. But you've absolutely GOT to read and understand the parameters involved, or you might suffer a data loss. That's where many,
if not most, users get into trouble with this facility.

We've used it many times, with nary a oroblem, when returning from DR tests and doing the various "post mortems" to see what we can do to improve the process. Worth its weight in platinum. (Better than gold.) :-)

Rick