does the subtask need to have access to the ECB since it is posted by MVS when
the subtask
does a BR R14
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu]on
Behalf Of Binyamin Dissen
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 3:25 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: How to end SubTask ???

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 01:57:32 -0500 Barbara Nitz <nitz-...@gmx.net> wrote:

:>>The child task should BR R14 when it completes its work.  That
:>>causes the ECB to be POSTed for the parent task to test/WAIT.
:>>After that ECB is POSTed, the parent should DETACH the child.

:>When a task goes through BR R14 (which actually calls cvtexit and translates
:>to 0A03 - exit svc), that tcb is gone. I think that detach would get a little
:>upset when instructed from the parent to detach a tcb (the child tcb) that
:>has already gone through exit. IIRC, the posting of the parent gets done by
:>RTM when the daughter tcb was attached that way.

The TCB is only gone if the task was ATTACHed without ECB and ETXR. If either
was specified an explicit DETACH is required.

http://www.dissensoftware.com