Concur.

Besides, is there a (greater?) risk in setting it too low? Q: What is too low?
A: Beats me.

Lastly, what once was is often no more. ROT sometimes becomes superstition.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Ted MacNEIL
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Suggested MEMLIMIT value for SMFPRMxx

>I "penalize" people for trying to specify MEMLIMIT (they are knocked down to
>5G if they try to go  higher than 5G, but they can specify something lower).
>In other words, I don't want the users to have to worry about specifing
>MEMLIMIT ever and I will control it via SMFPRMxx or IEFUSI

What will you do when users need more than 5G?
I do NOT believe these parameters should be left up to the SYSPROG, rather it
should be the business.

And, before you tell me there's a risk, let me point out that needs rarely
occur overnight.
Growth into larger needs is usually gradual, and with monitoring and planning,
they can/should be handled effectively.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!

intended