On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:52:14 -0700, Edward Jaffe
<edja...@phoenixsoftware.com> wrote:

>Just out of curiosity, does anyone actually use ICF - Information
>Center Facility?

Is ICF the same "Information Center" as in the Eclipse-based doc
viewing cr..., uhr, system?  If so, I had to use it as part of a beta
program (the things IBM used to call ESPs).  That was the only way
the product's doc was provided.   But that system called itself
"IBM Help System" so it may not be what you are asking about.

The only thing I liked was a fairly good multi-doc search facility,
and that was negated by my never figuring out how to limit the
search to the one manual I was reading.   (I'm sure the capability
was there.  I just never found it.)

As near as I can tell this was just another way of presenting all of
BookManager's inconveniences to the user (but with IBM using
someone else's implementation).

Luckily I was able to get to a PDF copy of each manual from within
the system.

Pat O'Keefe