Hi all,
      I have a VM & zLinux vswitch issue that I'm hoping someone can help me
with. I know this list is primarily z/OS but the VM lists I've looked at don't
appear to be active.

Let me state up front I know sod all about TCPIP and am doing this by following
the manuals, some of which appear to be conflicting due to different zVM
releases, or perhaps due to my lack of basic knowledge here.

I have a zVM 6.2 LPAR connected to TCPIP via OSA card at address 888
I have a zLinix LPAR connected to TCPIP via OSA card at address 780

These both work fine. We now want to run the zLinux as a VM  instead of an LPAR
but when we IPL the VM it fails with -

^1A..failed    qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.0870               No interface found

The real VM OSA card show as -
q 888-88a
05:33:31 OSA  0888 ATTACHED TO TCPIP    0888 DEVTYPE OSA         CHPID FD OSD
05:33:31 OSA  0889 ATTACHED TO TCPIP    0889 DEVTYPE OSA         CHPID FD OSD
05:33:31 OSA  088A ATTACHED TO TCPIP    088A DEVTYPE OSA         CHPID FD OSD

I can't list the z/LINUX LPAR virtual devices as we had to revert back to an
LPAR.

The manuals talk about defining a vswitch and we did this by issuing the
commands -
CP DEFINE VSWITCH VSWITCH1
CP SET VSWITCH VSWITCH1 GRANT LINVM

and the VSWITCH looks like

VSWITCH SYSTEM VSWITCH1 Type: QDIO    Connected: 0    Maxconn: INFINITE
  PERSISTENT  RESTRICTED    IP                        Accounting: OFF
  USERBASED
  VLAN Unaware
  MAC address: 02-00-00-00-00-01    MAC Protection: OFF
  State: Defined
  IPTimeout: 5         QueueStorage: 8
  Isolation Status: OFF

and in the directory of LINVM machine we added

NICDEF 0780 TYPE QDIO LAN SYSTEM VSWITCH1

According to the manuals we are following  I think this is all we need to do.

What have I missed and/or screwed up?

Thanks in advance, Ron.