Ah. I didn't know that. So his program will need to be APF authorized. Or, he
could install my "ams" UNIX program (if properly installed - which makes it APF
authorized) and then invoke it via BPXWUNIX, so that it runs in a separate
address space so that the APF authorization is permitted. I don't know if this
would be considered "elegant" or not.

IIRC, but I have a vague memory that a REXX program which is not running in TSO
and which uses the "ADDRESS TSO command" statements, actually sets up a
separate address space running a batch TMP and "pipes" the commands to its
SYSTSIN and receives the SYSTSPRT via something like a "pipe" as well.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group