On 6/20/2012 1:19 PM, Myers, Edouard (OCTO) wrote:
When Migrating from z/OS V1R9 to z/OS V1R11
If I compile an Enterprise Cobol 3.4 module under a z/OS v1r11 system and its
LE version can I run that same module on a z/OS V1R9 system with the 1.9
version of LE Or would I have to recompile it under z/OS V1R9 ? This would be
for back out type purposes. The Same Scenario going from Z/OS v1R11 to z/OS
V1R13. What are my risk?

Thank you

Ed Myers

Shouldn't be a problem. The LE folks several years ago
set up a backward compatible environment that covers
at least two releases, which is what you're talking
about. The only caveat is your later release COBOL
program can't use any services introduced after your
earlier release of LE, which seems reasonable.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html