Greetings,

I'm trying to get a Cross Domain Resource to work so our users can print to the printing queues (via VPS/DRS) on one LPAR (LPAR-A) from their applications on another LPAR (LPAR-B). Here's what I've verified:

- Printing works from TSO on LPAR-A.
- Printing works via VTAM from applications running on LPAR-A.
- LPAR-B's applications know to send their print requests for the printer named TCP2610P to LPAR-A (CDRM04):

D NET,ID=CDVPST,E
IST097I DISPLAY ACCEPTED
IST075I NAME = CDVPST, TYPE = CDRSC SEGMENT 472
IST486I STATUS= ACTIV, DESIRED STATE= ACTIV
IST478I CDRSCS:
IST483I TCP2610P ACTIV     , CDRM = CDRM04  , NETID = CACVTAM

- These requests (from LPAR-B, via CDRM06) get as far as LPAR-A, where they're rejected:

CDINIT REQUEST FROM CDRM06 FAILED, SENSE=08880008 511
REAL  OLU=CACVTAM.TCOM        REAL  DLU=CACVTAM.TCP2610P
SID = E69B8A588E309FC0
END

A search for SENSE=08880008 tells me that "[t]he specified OLU real network name is known, but is a duplicate resource."

My VTAM knowledge is unfortunately limited. Is there someone who can help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance,

-Matt

--
Matt Gourley