itzchak - I didn't fully understand the 'CSSL' you mentioned .
Shmuel - I do have access to change the JCL , and did try the SPIN but
trying to release it  got me this :
 $TS 7987,SPIN,DDNAME=CEEMSG
 $HASP003 RC=(96),T S7987 SPIN  - NOT SPINNABLE
also I'm running in z/os 1.10 so the SPIN= is limited to 'NO' \ 'UNALLOC'

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) <
shmuel+...@patriot.net> wrote:

> In
> <caluepdh0cuszsusbuzhhtvkh-agnzegolynk6lhdbaueyea...@mail.gmail.com>,
> on 07/02/2012
>    at 10:27 AM, Matan Cohen <matancohen...@gmail.com> said:
>
> >The DD I want to relese is a TDQ written to a DD - so I cant control
> >the PGM nor the JCL.
>
> Then you can spin off segments[1] for early printing or archiving, but
> I don't know how to reclaim the SPOOL space.
>
> [1] $T for JES2; I don't know the JES3 command.
>
> --
>      Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT
>      Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>
> We don't care. We don't have to care, we're Congress.
> (S877: The Shut up and Eat Your spam act of 2003)

best regards,
matan cohen
MF System Administrator.