> Lizette,
>
> I've done an IPL on that LPAR last weekend and this SPOOL1 entry still shows
> up in
> spool display panel although the volume is initialized with a new name. There
> can't  be
> anything 'physical' on volume SPOOL1 because it doesn't exist anymore. But
> somehow
> there's a pointer in JES2 saying at JES init time: 'Hey you SPOOLn I see you
> all. It's
> SPOOLE and SPOOL1'.
>
> Thanks,
> Reiner Markus

If there is no volume called SPOOL1 then issue a $PSPOOL, it may take care of
it.

My preference for removing a spool volume is
$PSPOOL
$DSPOOL
Commands.  The $Z does not remove it from JES2.  If it does not work because
you no longer have that volume, then clip a volume to SPOOL1 and then issue the
$PSPOOL command for that volume

Depending on your level of JES2 and what the specific HASP message states (you
did not provide the hasp message which would have been helpful), the best way
is to always Drain the volume, monitor the volume.  When it is completely
empty, JES2 will remove it with a HASP message
$HASP097
Explanation:
 devname IS DRAINED
The operator issued the $P command for the indicated
device, and the device has entered the DRAINED
status. With OS/390® Release 4, some parameter
descriptions might truncated (for example, LNE),
therefore, your automation processing might be
affected.
In the message text:
devname
The name of the drained device.
System action: JES2 discontinues use of the device
until a $S device command is entered, specifying the
device correctly. JES2 deallocates the device, permitting
it to be used by other tasks within the system.
Operator response: Enter a $S device comm

You can then delete the spool space and clip the volume, or reinit the volume.

Lizette