On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 16:49:13 -0400, Scott Ford <scott_j_f...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Joel,
>
>Hers the exact error:
>

>11.51.03 STC00472  CSV025I PROGRAM CONTROLLED MODULE ADDUSER  NOT ACCESSED, USE
>11.51.03 STC00472 IEF196I CSV025I PROGRAM CONTROLLED MODULE ADDUSER  NOT ACCES
>11.51.03 STC00472  IEF196I UNAUTHORIZED
>11.51.03 STC00472  CSV028I ABEND306-30  JOBNAME=RACF      STEPNAME=RACF
>11.51.03 STC00472  IEF196I CSV028I ABEND306-30  JOBNAME=RACF      STEPNAME=RACF

That should indicate that they have not given the RACF subsystem address space
access to whatever PROGRAM profile they have defined to control use of ADDUSER.
And that they are not running the subsystem TRUSTED, which is always a good
idea for recovery and availability purposes.

Note that they should not use program control for ADDUSER, as there are
adequate other controls in place, so they may have an overly broad PROGRAM
generic, such as PROGRAM *, with an overly restrictive access list. It should
have UACC(READ) or at a minimum ID(*) ACCESS(READ). That should be true, imho,
even if they have "hardened" their system.

And anyone who decides to "harden" a system certainly should have kept
documentation about what they did, and why, with a good rationale for all the
protections they've applied.

--
Walt