On 7/13/2012 11:42 AM, Charles Mills wrote:
I sure don't see any mapping whatsoever of C library/UNIX signals to or from
traditional z/OS terminology: S0C1, CANCEL, etc.

Hmm. P. 226 doesn't help get you at least part way there?

The fragmentation of information between the C books and the LE books does
not help.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Steve Comstock
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 10:26 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Relationship of C signals to z/OS terminology?

On 7/13/2012 9:39 AM, Charles Mills wrote:
I mean, gee, SIGILL is documented as "Invalid object module (hardware
and software)." Does that say "S0C1" to you?

In one sense, I suppose every program error is an invalid object program.
But neglecting that, many S0C1's are not "invalid object modules" as I
would interpret the phrase. S0C1 can be from using a perfectly valid
instruction
-- it's just perfectly valid for a newer processor model. Is that an
invalid object module? S0C1 can be from bad linkage or logic that puts
a zero in R15 before a BALR R14,R15. Is than an invalid object module?
(Not intended to be an exhaustive list of S0C1 causes.)

Charles