On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 09:45:00 -0700, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

. . .

>Yeah, in a perfect world there would be no bugs. But I had a bug in the field
>(the first in 18 months!) that resulted in a loop, a CANCEL, and a modest mess
>in CSA.
>
>Yes, I will fix the root cause bug. Yes, I resolve to be more careful in the
>future -- maybe one error in the field every 36 months. But if this should
>happen again ...
>
>Your suggestion for how to proceed?

For what you are doing, a MEMTERM resource manager is probably a good idea.
That can be set up with the RESMGR macro, TYPE=ADDRSPC. The specified routine
runs in ASID 1, and you can't access anything in the terminating address space,
but you can free CSA and maybe do some other clean up there.  I know close to
zilch about all this SIGxxx stuff, but I suspect there may not be an equivalent
to RESMGR TYPE=ADDRSPC.

While you are about it you could also look at RESMGR TYPE=TASK.