Von: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] Im Auftrag
von Andrew Rowley
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2012 10:46
An: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Betreff: Re: useful? XML "encoded" SMF.

You would have more chance convincing vendors to write something if you at
least pretended you might pay money for it ;-)

I don't think it would be particularly difficult to incorporate output to XML
into EasySMF, but I'm not convinced that SMF data in XML format would be
generally useful. The volume of SMF data is difficult enough to deal with in
binary form. XML would be worse. Are the XML reporting programs really able to
cope with the quantity of data that comes from SMF?

Regards

Andrew Rowley

--
Andrew Rowley