On 8/7/2012 21:20, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:
> At 10:17 +0000 on 08/07/2012, Pearce, Colin E wrote about Re: Auditors Don't
> Know Squat!:
>
>> Ask the Auditors if they will help you fill out all the APARs and collect
>> the supporting
>> documents
>
> IMO: Any Auditor who wants to tell me how to do my job (as opposed to just
> critiquing how
> I do it) is not qualified to do so UNLESS he can do my job in the first place.

The worst part about all of these auditors, is that most of us who are being
edged out of
jobs because of declining mainframe usage can be better auditors than all of
those that
have visited me in my 36 years of mainframe work, BUT our bosses and the
auditors' bosses
just don't think mainframe dinosaurs know anything about computing, data
integrity,
information security.

Some one who has never touched anything more than a windows workstation always
knows more
than we do.

/Tom Kern