Hi,

I am probably asking a very simple Question but I am unable to interpret
Properly. I tried allocating a PS file with space Unit=Bytes, Primary as
"1",RECFM=FB,LRECL=80, but when I view the Dataset Information shows the
primary Extent is occupied with *55840 bytes* :

General Data                           Current
Allocation
 Management class . . : **None**        Allocated bytes . . :
55,840
 Storage class  . . . : STANDARD        Allocated extents . :
1
  Volume serial . . . :
MTWK06
  Device type . . . . :
3390
 Data class . . . . . :
**None**
  Organization  . . . : PS             Current
Utilization
  Record format . . . : FB              Used bytes  . . . . :
0
  Record length . . . : 80              Used extents  . . . :
0
  Block size  . . . . :
27920
  1st extent bytes  . : *55840*

  Secondary bytes . . : 0
Dates
  Data set name type  :                 Creation date . . . :
2012/08/08
  SMS Compressible. . : NO              Referenced date . . :
***None***
                                        Expiration date . . :
***None***

Could anyone please enlighten me how does the Primary Value gets generated
as 55840 bytes ?  Does it mean it is treating the Primary extent as 2
Blocks on a Track which would be 55,840 bytes ?

Jake