On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:49:19 -0500, Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>
wrote:
>When you POINT with Z=0, CMS decrements TTR by 1 and stores that as the 'last
>read' value.  When you POINT
> with Z=1, CMS stores TTR as you supply it.  (You guys made me find my BSAM
> test case, ca. 1992, and update it.)

(Pressed Send too soon)

So, yes, CMS supports it.  But since TTRZ is RRRZ on CMS, you don't need the
OS's help to calculate what to give to NOTE.

In my tests, I thought I would be able to
    NOTE
    POINT  +1
    NOTE
    POINT  +1
to skip a record, but it didn't work.  NOTE really does return the RRRZ of the
last record BSAM read from the file, ignoring any value you provided via POINT.

Is that the same on MVS?

Alan Altmark
IBM