chrisma...@belgacom.net (Chris Mason) writes:
> In fact, for a reason having everything to do with "marketing" and
> nothing whatsoever technical, VTAM does *not* implement LEN protocols
> over the "type 2.1 CTC", only APPN protocols.

aka ... at the time APPN was to be announced ... the communication group
objected ... in part because it actually supported networking (at the
time, the person that was responsible for APPN, originally documented in
AWP164, and I reported to the same executive ... I would periodically
chide him about stop playing around and come work on "real"
networking").

after a month or two of escalation ... the APPN announcement letter was
carefully rewritten to avoid implying any sort of relationship between
APPN and SNA.