According to the MVS Programming Workload Management Services manual, a
Type SMF 99 record is written every policy interval (approximately 10
seconds).  I have 5 LPARs - 3 production, 1 LPAR just constructed and 2
test LPARs.  The SMF activity for the 2 test LPARs and the newly
constructed ones is more than I expected.  I reviewed the SUMMARY
ACTIVITY REPORT and discovered an inordinate amount of Type 99 records.

I did some calculations for each LPAR and discovered that, on average,
there are 5.16 Type 99 records being written every second.  Not one
every 10 seconds.  Either the policy interval time length has changed or
these Type 99 records are being written by some other component.

What am I missing?  Yes, I could turn off writing the Type 99 records.
But, is this indicative of some other problem?