In <056a01cd84f3$853f7420$8fbe5c60$@mindspring.com>, on 08/28/2012
   at 01:02 AM, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com> said:

>I would like to understand better what you are trying to do.

IKJPARS is a TSO service routine for parsing a command; the caller
passes a Parse Parameter List (PPL) that, among other things, points
to a Parse Contol List (PCL) describing the syntax and default values.
"6.0  Chapter 6.  Verifying command and subcommand operands with
parse" in z/OS TSO/E Programming Services, SA22-7789-0 describes it in
detail.

>What is PPLANS?

The fifth word of the PPL. It points to a word that PARSE will set
either to FF000000 or to the address of a parameter descriptor list
(PDL).

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>