Rajaram Kalahasti wrote:

>   I our shop, some job on the mainframe is sending a file ( thru ft) to a
> windows box.
>We lost track of which job it is.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. What does RACF (SERVAUTH for example) and SMF tell you about the
FTP program and ip and port usage usage?

I really hope you have disabled ANONYMOUS user on your FTP server...
Also check your FTPLOGGING setting too...

>Looked up syslog -- no information there about the ftp.

Then your info, if your FTP server is setup correctly in the first place,
should be on

tmp/syslogd or somewhere there on your z/OS system.

But look first in /etc/syslog.conf for your configuration details. Or check
your FTP server profile settings.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht