IIRC, this is more of an SDSF 'issue', not 'problem'. SDSF always presents
print data with ANSI control characters, as in VB*A* regardless of what
the application program actually produced. Furthermore, I think that SDSF
presents only single advances regardless of the generating program. JES2
reports the number of lines produced by the application program, which may
be machine characters, as in VB*M*, and may include double or triple
spacing. Older IBM utilities especially are famous for producing xBM
lines. If I'm off base here, I beg to be set straight.

As to the comment about not being able to ask questions with SR, I have
the option of checking 'usage' for report type. That may depend on the
type of support contract you have with IBM, but look for the option when
opening an SR. The option is on the generic header page and not presented
externally.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson