Ref:  z/os V1R13.0 DFSMS Using Data Sets, SC26-7410-11

This has the structure of a PDS Directory Block.

Since you will be most likely be using QSAM to process, the first half word
will contain the maximum number of bytes used in the directory block.  You
won't see the COUNT and KEY fields of the DIRECTORY.

Next will come the member NAME, ttr, C field, and, the number of TTRN's.
You will want to AND out the C field.  Then multiply the number of ttrn's by
2 to convert to bytes.

This will be your increment to the next entry into the Directory block.  I
don't know if the directory block is marked with XL4'FFFFFFFFF' as a member
name or not to denote the logical end.  This will have to be verified.

At any rate, if your goal is just to get a list of the members contained in
a PDS or PDSE, I think this will work.  I have some code that pretty much
does this in ALC to read and process a PDS, and, it works.

K. Kripke

kkri...@mindspring.com