On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:33:26 +0800, Timothy Sipples1 <sipp...@sg.ibm.com> wrote:

>Almost everyone here would. These are mainframes, with PR/SM and LPARs
>proven to Common Criteria EAL5+ certification standards. Regardless of the
>operating system(s) running in particular LPARs.

I think I know what an LPAR and PR/SM are :-))
Everyone WOULD ... but how many do ? On this list for example?  just curious
There is a difference between theory and real life.
My 20 years in IBM level 2 support center gave me some scars.
Several customers have been very sorry to use a single CP machine.
Running to the HMC to make a PSW restart because of a spin loop was no fun and
generally too late :-)) .
AFAIK one of the reason for models with capped engine ( while single or double
full cap engines would have been sufficient) was in part because of single
engine side effects. ( at the expense of some batch run time ).

Bruno Sugliani
zxnetconsult(at)free(dot)fr