On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:52:43 -0700, Skip Robinson <jo.skip.robin...@sce.com>
wrote:

>I've run PURGE=YES for so long that I don't remember what would happen
>otherwise. This causes sysmods to be removed from the GLOBAL zone at
>ACCEPT time. It's safe and appropriate if your GLOBAL zone maps to only
>one TARGET/DLIB zone. If you run with multiple APPLY and ACCEPT targets,
>then you want to keep a sysmod around until it's no longer needed by any
>zone. I don't remember if YES is the default with ServerPac, but check
>this option.
>

>PURGE           - delete SYSMODs from the SMPPTS at ACCEPT (YES or NO)

Where sort of changing subjects now (based on the later posts
that clarified the original request), but I posted a link to a
DELETE FUNCTION job that is applicable to my point below.

It doesn't matter if you have PURGE=YES if you are trying to get rid
of an installed product / FMIDs unless you always ACCEPT all your
sysmods as soon as you apply them.   If you do, or accept them
before trying to delete the FMIDs (what a waste of time that would
be), then I agree.

Instead, you can do something like this:

SET    BOUNDARY (GLOBAL).
REJECT  APARS FUNCTIONS PTFS USERMODS FORFMID(XXXXXXX).

Note that those sysmods could still be "stuck" there even if you've
applied and accepted a dummy function that deletes the function
sysmod(s) unless you execute  REJECT.

Regards,

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com