On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 09:14:58 -0400, Michael Egle
<michael.e...@cts-sharedservices.com> wrote:

>I am trying to write a REXX program which will use the Catalog Search
>Interface to access one system's Master Catalog to return the VOLUME
>Information for every dataset cataloged in that Catalog. In the
>documentation, and all of the examples that I have been able to find so
>far, one parameter that seems to need to be specified is the FILTER, but
>since I want every dataset, I want to use a filter like *.*, but that
>doesn't seem to work .
>

>My REXX skills are somewhat limited, and I am trying to use this project
>as a way to improve those skills, so the more help I can get from fellow
>users, the better.
>

>What I am really trying to do is to duplicate the results I would be
>getting if I was to issue a batch IDCAMS with a LISTCAT
>CATALOG(CATALOG.SYS.MCAT) VOLUME command, so that I can find all of the
>entries that are catalogued with either a VOLSER of ******, or the
>actual VOLSER of my SYSRES .
>

>Is there any way to use the Catalog Search Interface to return all of
>the entries within a given Catalog without having to specify a filter,
>or is there some Filter that I can specify which would tell the
>Interface that I want to return ALL entries ?

Yes.  ** for the filter.      See CATSRCH on my web site or CBT file 434.
It is a modified version of IBM's sample with some fixes over the years
and accepts the filter and optionally a catalog name as arguments.  It
also includes an optional panel to help you execute the exec.

BTW, did you try searching the archives or Google before this post?
There was just a similar thread within the last couple of weeks.

Regards,

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com