New system, new 'fun':

On a vanilla ADCD system I just started Health Checker. It validly told me that
routcode 11 is sent to consoles. I removed rc11 from the only active (MCS)
console on that system. HC *still* complains that an inactive console gets rc11.
V CN(inactiveConsole),DROUT=11
IEE871I CN=inactiveConsole     NOT ACTIVE. CAN NOT CHANGE CONSOLE ATTRIBUTES

So, given that this console is probably a relic, how am I supposed to remove
the routcode? I cannot activate it. The check shouldn't complain about
something I cannot do anything about!

Same goes for the syscons
V CN(syscons),DROUT=11
IEE623I CN=syscons     NOT IN PD MODE
V CN(syscons),ACTIVATE
IEE345I VARY CN  AUTHORITY INVALID, FAILED BY MVS

So, how am I supposed to fix the syscons? Again, the check shouldn't complain
about something I cannot do anything about!

Yes, I do have it removed in parmlib. I don't remember if that will clean it up
at the next IPL in this monoplex.

CHECK(IBMCNZ,CNZ_AMRF_EVENTUAL_ACTION_MSGS):
The default that came with this ADCD system is god-knows-what (certainly not
explicitly specified). I added these statements to mpflst:
.DEFAULT AUTO(YES),RETAIN(NO),SUP(YES)
.NO_ENTRY AUTO(YES),RETAIN(I,CE),SUP(NO)

and activated mpflst. There were several messages that have just their number
in this mpflst, and the statements above *still* don't tell console to only
retain I and CE. D MPF shows
D MPF
IEE677I 13.35.56 MPF DISPLAY 493
MESSAGE ID -MPF  SUPPRESS RETAIN AUTO  TOKEN      EXIT
.NO_ENTRY  -xx   NO       YES    YES

It has been almost 15 years since I last worked on a system that has AMRF
turned on, so I don't remember how the retain(i,ce) setting would show up in D
MPF.

Thanks for listening. I don't know *why* I even bother with health checker!
(Yes, I do: For instance, the actual number of CADS can only be displayed using
HC. There are some others that really have value. Just not enough.)

Barbara Nitz