I was thinking that someone might have run a compress without realizing it is a
PDS/E.  Probably a display of SMF records might be helpful to see what had the
library at the time of the error on all LPARs.

If you do an IEBCOPY Compress of a PDS/E, you should see

IEB1019I SKIPPING COMPRESS OF PDSE OUTDD=IN       VOL=SYT115
DSN=MYTEST.PDSE.TEST

Lizette